Latest News: April 24, 2020: We recommend our patients continue to get their babies vaccinated with public health according to the regular schedule despite the COVID pandemic.
- Caring for Kids - Information for Parents from Canada's Paediiatricians https://www.caringforkids.cps.ca/
- Triple P Positive Parenting Program https://www.triplep-parenting.ca/alb-en/triple-p/
- UnlockFood.ca The content on UnlockFood.ca focuses on healthy eating through the lifecycle (from infants to seniors) as well as chronic disease prevention. Popular content includes diabetes, infant feeding, digestive concerns, weight management and heart disease. There are also useful resources on cooking, shopping, meal planning, picky eating and more.
- Health Games & Videos for Kids https://kids.aboutkidshealth.ca/
- Kids Health - Advice on children's health, behaviour and growth from before birth through the teen years.
- HEAL (Health Education and Learning) , http://www.ahs.ca/heal a resource aimed at providing families across Alberta easily accessible, reliable information about common minor illness and injuries in children. The content provided in the HEAL program comes directly from the Pediatric Emergency Medicine experts at the Alberta Children’s Hospital and Stollery Children’s Hospital.
While children with coughs, fever, ear pain, vomiting, diarrhea, minor head injuries or nosebleeds can feel very uncomfortable, they are most often safely and best cared for in their own home; the majority of these illnesses and injuries do not require a visit to the Emergency Department.
Here you will find general information about the causes, symptoms and home management options for common minor illnesses and injuries, and when to seek medical care.